Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Home Again!





We are finally all home after two very busy weeks in beautiful Utah.


We always have so much fun when we go to visit family, Maya loves all of her
cutie pie girl cousins and especially likes hanging out with her Kinners. They love each other so much and it is so fun to watch them play together.


All the kids were thrilled to be able to attend Nannie's neighborhood Easter egg hunt. We have not been able to make it for a couple years and it was fun to be there in all of the chaos again. The egg dying party on the night before with all of the cousins was a favorite. Maya did much better this year with collecting candy and eggs and gathered up plenty of the good stuff for mom to munch on this year! She was all about the dum dum suckers! The boys were all over the eggs worth money, and everyone left with a over flowing basket full of goodies. Thanks Nan!






Maya and McKinley had a Easter dress photo shoot thanks to my little sister Marilee. She rocks in the photography department, she amazes me! I LOVE every picture she took.



After Easter it was all about the wedding. My little brother Mike and his sweetheart Ashley were married in the Salt Lake Temple on March 28th. It was a beautiful day. Friday night they had a wedding reception and it was really fun to catch up with so many friends that I do not get to see often. The boys and Maya had a great time. Maya loved dancing to the music and just running around with all the kids.







So now we are home, catching up on laundry, life, homework, and definitely going through what I have lovingly named Utah Detox with our sweet girl who has not been told "no" for two weeks. If I told her no, she found her nannie!


Baseball has started up for Matthew and Jake so that means 4-6 games a week plus hitting practice...I should just move to the ballpark for the season! Dave will have back surgery soon to fix him all up so he can play with us again which will be great, if we can get through the surgery part of it. Please keep him in your prayers.

As you can see, life does not slow down at all...

14 comments:

Haley's Life said...

Hey Janalee!
I just love to sit down at the computer and look at all of the photos of you and your fam-- I love looking at different blogs- but especially yours. I hope everything does "slow" down soon. So you can relax and all of that- I will keep Dave in me and my families prayers, say good luck to Matt and Jake for baseball season! And say hi to Tanner and Spencer for me, and give Maya lots of hugs for me please! You are the best aunt ever!
Love you!
Haley Hoch

Jessica Marie said...

Hey! It was so good to see you too! i love you guys so much and always miss you! This weekend was a blast and I am so glad that I went down there. You and your family are so much fun, I love how crazy and awesome you girls are when you are together!
I love the pictures you posted- so adorable. Maya and Mckinley are so cute!
Well, I will see you in a little over a week!!!! (that is if I pull off good enough grades to face my parents....)

Anonymous said...

Maya is so cute :) And her hair is growing... gives me hope for Miranda! I love Maya's dress. And that wedding cake is beautiful. Sounds like a fun trip.

jennie said...

hey! way cute pictures! if I recall correctly, you took one of Jessica, me and avery handsome gent who strongly resembles Jude Law... I need a copy of this picture... just so I can prove that I'm friends with Jude Law's twin... I miss you guys! when are you comming out here again? olive juice!

Shelly said...

Fan-tabulous post! Great pictures. I love the look on Dave's face in the one with Maya. Let's just say that's due to back pain and not so much due to the DRAMA that is my favorite niece named Maya I ever knew.

Angie said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how big your "little" boys are!! It is always good to see my former primary teachers again!!

Marilee said...

Kinners misses her Maya, too! She runs to find her at Nan's house... they are cute lil BFF'ers! I have to admit that we have some pretty cute kiddies! Loves!

Orange Peanut said...

I love all the pictures! Your brother and new sister-in-law's cake was awesome!

When will Dave have surgery? Please keep in me in mind if you need somewhere for Maya to play, we would love to have her!

Your family is in our prayers!

Colt 'n Tami said...

So your little girl is one cutie pie. love the pics of her and kinners. Mare rocks! I love all your pictures... super fun!

Jill said...

Yeah for tackling bridesmaids.... Your pictures are the best! I miss you guys so much. MOVE TO UTAH please!

Sarah k said...

So sweet! I love all the photos Janalee, so sweet!!!! Maya is getting so so big....

Ryan and Liz Meinzer said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family! Dont' you just love utah and all the snow!! then coming back to the sunny weather, it's a fun change. good luck dave, we are thinking of you!!

The family of six said...

She looks darling in her Easter dress! sounds like your busy with baseball like we are. We got our log in day in March like you did. You got Maya on Sarah's birthday - August 28th.

amazing grace said...

hi janalee!! thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! maya is getting so big!!
i love the look of your blog!! it looks great!

:)